It’s no surprise that Icelandair’s service from MSP to Reykjavik is a hit in these parts. (Nordic birds of a feather flock together.) While we anxiously await flights to resume in May, we were thrilled by the airline’s recent announcement that the popular service will extend this year by three months to January 2016 and resume again in March 2016.
Planning a trip? Here’s what to pack for the Land of Fire and Ice.
- Keep warm with a Fairbault Woolen Mill throw (this one inspired by a vintage Minneapolis street map). $250; available at Uptown Minnesota.
- Snowscapes can be bright. Cut the glare with these polarized Ray-Ban aviators. $199.95; available at Sunglass Hut.
- Scandinavian style is all about modern simplicity. Blend in with a sleek Tumi backpack. $445, available at Tumi.
- Capture the view from the back of an Icelandic horse with a GoPro action camera. $499; available at InMotion Entertainment.
- Keep warm, yet pack light with a Craghopper insulated jacket, which folds down into a small bag. $84.99; available at Brookstone.